Jealousy, Race, and Summer Jackets
Edited by: Thom Wong of The Sunday Best.
A veritable cornucopia of stylish reading awaits you in this week’s list. You’ll get taken on a tour of (rarely mentioned) downtown Halifax, discuss again whether any role model should be based on image, and look into doing the impossible with a dying medium. Along the way discover what tips men might have for women’s style, whether a closet can be perfectly unisex, and what Mormons might know about minimalism.
Links à la Mode: August 5th
- Amanda Lee: Avoiding Fashion Impulse Buys
- All Tumbled Down: Reflections on a year of no shopping
- An Early Life Crisis: Project 27 Completed!
- Beyond Fabric: Work appropriate: tips for being presentable at conservative workplaces
- Broke and Beautiful: You smell different.
- Clothed Much: How to create a minimalist closet
- Fashionable People, Questionable Things: Big Day Downtown: A Roundup of our shopping trip in downtown Halifax.
- Frenchleave: Who wants to wear a summer jacket
- Guacamole and Toast: An interview with The Impossible Project’s Florian Kaps
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: How to take your own outfit photos
- Mariel’s Castle: A case of unisex
- The Demoiselles: Women in the Media: Adele
- Stylish Thought: Losing Out Essence: Issues of Race in Fashion
- Modly Chic: Friend Friday: Blogger Jealousy
- Oranges and Apple German magazine bans professional models – nine months on
- Sparkle Birds: Sunday’s Best
- Sugar and Spice: Christina Hendricks: curvy role model or another unattainable ideal?
- The Coveted: Three essential beauty products under $20
- The Sunday Best: Copy Fail | Gap CORE
- The Very Subjective: The Style Thing
- Un-Stitched: Best of etsy.com