I am a huge stocking fan. I’m just a huge holiday fan, in general, but putting thought & effort into the tiniest gifts is so much fun, I get excited about it every year.
I like to keep a stash of mini-gifts on hand because, well, I like giving people stuff. Also, it’s super handy if an extra person shows up for a holiday celebration, or there is a last-minute situation where someone is in town for their birthday and ask you to come out and you’re like “oh ok” but really you’re like “oh my god” and you end up going because otherwise they’ll stop liking your Facebook statuses, and they’re exceptionally good as little “thank you” note accompaniments to add a little umph to your “I appreciate you!!” messages.
In my opinion, a stocking stuffer or tiny gift like this shouldn’t cost more than $10. If you want to take the extra-cheap route, depending on how you package and wrap this mini-gift, it could quickly become a normal-sized gift at a mini-gift price (more on that later…).
This set of mini-gifts might not be the best for your male co-worker, brother or male friends… but then again my male barista has some of the best taste in nail polish that I’ve ever seen, and his male co-worker consistently out-fashions me on a daily basis with his choice of accessories… so what do I know?
1. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm, $6.99
2. The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Soap, $4
3. Tweezerman “Red Lips” Zip File, $5
4. Batiste Dry Shampoo (1.6oz), $3.99
5. Bumble and Bumble Styling Lotion (2oz), $8
6. Bath House Latte Lip Balm, $6.50
7. Beyond Belief Makeup Removal Towelettes, $2.49
8. Kitsch Holiday Collection Hair Ties in Black Tie, $6.99
9. Rhinestone Bow Hair Clip, $7.50
10. Wet’n’Wild Megalast Nail Polish, $1.99
11. Bath House Rose and Watermint Soap, $5.50