Julia C. on Lookbook
I can’t believe how much cobalt blue suede and velvet I’ve been seeing lately! Our last trip through Marshalls yielded three pairs by three different brands! One strappy platform, one closed-toe pump, and one of those popular loafer-slipper styles that have been popping up everywhere lately. We were having trouble remembering which pair was velvet, and which was suede, but as Jen points out: “Velvet is the broke girl’s suede.”
I couldn’t resist trying on those gorgeous platforms. (& Jen snagged these adorable Ikat pumps for less than $30!)
Steve Madden’s “Dynemite” Platforms (#99). These suckers were like 5″ with a 1.5″ platform – hardcore!
PS – respect the footie.
I’m really excited about this, as a trend. I love the way that velvet and suede make colors saturate and become matte. Whether it’s a pale tone or a vibrant one, it really doesn’t matter. It’s going to look good. (I do love a dusty pink velvet, I must say.) (Wow, if you say that with a British accent, it sounds so snobby.)
While I admit that I have a weakness for velvet blazers, this feels more like a Shoe Porn moment, don’t you think?
Cobalt Blue Suede & Velvet Shoes
Love Yap N. on Lookbook
1. Levity Sandy Pump: $69.95
2. Betsey Johnson Mareyy Platforms: $99.95
3. DV by Dolce Vita Rojo Bootie: $72.08
4. Steve Madden Cirkus: $79.98
5. Nine West Bracey Wedge: $71.99
6. BCBGeneration Capone Pumps: $98
7. Rampage Milla Pump: $39.95
8. Kelsi Dagger Felicia Sandals: $89.95
9. Vince Camuto Bronco Bootie: $70