As a liquid eyeliner fanatic, I am pretty excited that more colorful options than black and brown are becoming not just available, but common. Maybe I’m just on Tumblr too much, but I feel like ladies are starting to get a little more comfortable with their adventurous side, when it comes to cosmetics – especially eyeliner!
Colorful eyeliner is a nice alternative to eyeshadow. Wearing the two together is pretty risky, if you ask me! Not to say it can’t be done, but I would be pretty mindful with your pairings, if you’re planning on trying! It’s all about balance.
I like using bold eyeliner by itself (or with some super-neutral shadow) because it keeps what would otherwise be a flashy & flamboyant look somewhat tempered and laid-back. I could see a little flash of bright around the eyes accompanying every outfit from a jeans & tee to an LBD.
The look from the Kenzo S/S 2013 Runway
From left to right:
- Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner in Periwinkle, $6
- CoverGirl LiquiLine Blast Eyeliner in Green Glow, $8.79
- Wet’n’Wild MegaLiner in Indigo, $2.99
- CoverGirl Queen Collection Vivid Impact Eyeliner in Jade, $8.49
- ULTA Automatic Eyeliner in Raisin, $8
- ULTA Automatic Eyeliner in Teal Blue, $8
- ULTA Automatic Eyeliner in Olive, $8
- ULTA Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Indigo, $7
- Sephora Smoky Eye Pencil in Purple, $3