When I was in my early 20s, I had a martini obsession. My favorite was a dirty martini with Beefeater gin, some olive juice and sweet vermouth spritzed over the top. I had a major collection of martini glasses because I thought they were the classiest in the land. I wanted to be sure that I could always have gobs of them around in case a spontaneous cocktail party erupted. Always have martini glasses, board games, and soup at the ready. (You have to feed people if you’re going to booze them!)
The most glamorous party I could possibly think of was a cocktail party, and I coveted a fully stocked bar and flashy soiree paraphernalia. I collected everything from dessert plates to cheese knives to white wine glasses (I don’t, and have never regularly consumed wine). The collection got out of control, of course, but now – after a garage sale and some Craigslist sales – at least I can say I know what I like.
When you can’t afford a Coxtails Barman hire in London, you might as well keep your cabinets stocked with some saucy cocktail goodies.
Impressive Barware for Under $25
1. Chillbots Ice Mold, $8.95
2. Arthur Court Designs Bottle Opener, $20
3. Seagulls Letterpress Coasters, $12
4. Stainless Steel Shiny Cocktail Shaker, $14.95
5. Martha Stewart Bow Wine Toppers, $19.99
6. Cocktail Glass Letterpress Coasters, $12
7. Mae Cocktail Glass, $4.95
8. Fred & Friends Mustache Bottle Opener, $5.49
9. Oliver Pomegranate Martini Glass, $2.95