Happy New Year, friends!
Welcome to 2013! How have the first couple days been for you? So far, I know one thing about this year: the first part of it is going to be really cold. Yes, my prophetic skills have been this strong since I was a child, and you’re welcome.
Top Photo by Katie Lee Photography
Sweet, Sweet Link Love
- Tavi Gevinson, editor of Rookie and generally interesting person, taught Jimmy Fallon how to “bitchface.”
- I really like the idea of “using my own possessions as art“, as Shauna from NubbyTwiglet.com said. (She displays her shoes under a glass bell jar, and it looks really bitchin’.)
- Sure, it reeks of hipster-dom, but this affordable art for the home – complete with picture of dog wearing a sweater with birds on it – is pretty adorable, too.
- Here’s a big dose of positivity from Ash – Best of Body Image, Body Bashing & Accepting Everyone As They Are.
- Maybe my Nerd Card is showing, but this Darth Vader bust – made from vintage typewriter keys – is totally floating my boat.
Small Space of the Week
This tiny bedroom and its adorable wallpaper give me hope for my tiny apartment bedroom and its boring-ness.
- The incomplete history of fashion name dropping in rap is pretty funny (and relevant!).
- These little tiny birdhouses for your tile shingles – they make me want a house covered in tinier houses with even tinier residents!
- I just discovered Zoya’s new line of super-textured nail polishes, called Pixie Dust. I love the look so much!
- Have you seen the Jim Jarmusch film, Coffee & Cigarettes? If not, you should. Not only because Tom Waits is in it, but because Bill Murray, Steve Buscemi, The White Stripes, and Izzy Izzard is, too.
- I love that a jacket and a dress are the only two things between looking boring and looking amazing. It’s a failsafe combo, but I like Lauren Conrad’s pairings, too.
- Why do you think the Neiman Marcus x Target collaboration was such a failure? I like the stuff, but definitely didn’t understand what was going on until I went into a Target store…