Calm down, everyone. Your summer can officially start now. We’ve released our Summer Session playlist.
Well, that goes for me at least. Summer playlists are so important for so many reasons. Mostly because they’re 500% more socially-applied than other seasonal playlists. Why? Because, in summer, you don’t hate everyone and everything! You’re outside! Road trips, BBQs, beach dates, house parties… People can see you and more importantly, they can be hypnotized by your exceptional taste in music.
So it has to be really good. It has to encapsulate the perfection of summer, including the saucy parts, the funny parts, the pretty parts and the… other parts.
It took me literally two months to put this together because I am that obsessed and meticulous about my playlists.
Summer Session 2013
- Peter, Bjorn & John – Young Folks
- Janis Joplin – Summertime
- Tom Waits – Kiss Me
- Passion Pit – Sleepyhead
- I Monster – Sunny Delights
- The Uncluded – Delicate Cycle
- G-Love & Special Sauce – Cold Beverage
- Electric Guest – This Head I Hold
- I Monster – Everyone’s A Loser
- April March – Chick Habit
- Koop – Koop Island Blues
- Dharohar Project (w/ Laura Marling & Mumford & Sons) – Mehendi Rachi
- Passion Pit – Cuddle Fuddle
- Metric – Rock Me Now
- DJ Fresh – Golddust
- Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes – Home
Listen to Summer Session on Spotify:
Listen to Summer Session 2013 on Rdio:
(Note: Some tracks are not available!)
What is on your essential summer playlist?