Every year we spend billions of dollars worldwide on gifts and celebrations for St. Valentine’s Day, but not all of us can afford expensive and extravagant gifts for our loved ones. So this year, instead of breaking the bank – why not show your love and affection in a more budget conscious way?
So here are 12 ways you can celebrate Valentine’s Day on February 14th without breaking your budget.
- Create a beautiful memory album – Why not give your loved one a beautiful photograph album filled with happy memories of your time together? The time and the effort you take to put this album together will clearly demonstrate how much you love your partner.
- Cook a romantic dinner at home – This is always a great standby when you are short on cash. So take the time to cook your partner’s favourite meal and have a lovely romantic dinner together at home.
- Host a video evening – Grab your partner’s favourite DVDs and have an evening snuggled up together on the sofa watching your partner’s favourite movies.
- Have a romantic picnic – Put together a tasty picnic lunch and take your partner to a favourite outdoor spot or even a brand new place you haven’t been to before in the country.
- Stroll along the beach – If you are near the coast, go for a romantic drive and walk along the beach hand in hand while the sun sets.
- Create a playlist – If they likes music, create a playlist of all their favourite songs or even a romantic playlist just for them.
- Go on a road trip – If you both like road trips, why not explore somewhere completely different for a day?
- Give your partner a massage – Grab the oil and give your partner a lovely relaxing massage with gentle music playing in the background.
- Arrange a wine tour – There is bound to be a local winery near your location, so book in for a tour and afterwards, have a lovely lazy lunch with a bottle of wine.
- Repeat your first date – Can you remember your very first date? Why not do exactly the same to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year?
- Plan a day – Is there something your partner wants to do, but couldn’t for some reasons? So spend the day shopping, visiting the museum, in-door rock climbing or whatever it is that keeps being postponed.
- A bouquet of flowers – This is one of the simplest and easiest ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with the one you love. In less than 5 minutes you can shop for Valentines Day flowers from online florists. It’s that easy.
Spending time with your partner on Valentine’s Day is a fabulous way to show them how much you care about them and if you can do it without spending too much money – it’s a win-win situation!