What comes first? Health or safety?
While each one of us has a different priority, we are sure that none of us want to compromise on either our health or our safety. Since we are talking about health, we feel the need to mention the growing popularity of gymnasiums and fitness centers. These are the places where people go to better their health hence it is crucial that these places also keep in mind the various potential injury risks to make sure that even if people come with worries, they go back with none.
When we talk about a gymnasium or a fitness center, the most important thing that comes to our mind is the gym equipment, hygiene etc. Often none of us pay attention to the flooring. Does it matter? Yes, as long as safety matters to you.
Gym flooring can either be hardwood, bamboo or rubber. While it doesn’t make a difference to most of us, we will try to highlight how rubber flooring can be of great advantage for any gymnasium or fitness center:
Prevention of injuries
- Using rubber flooring can help in preventing injuries because rubber has the quality of good shock absorption. It provides cushioning to both the person and the equipment which the regular tiled floor doesn’t provide. Rubberized flooring also helps prevent the equipment from breaking in case it falls.
- Recycled rubber is less slippery when compared to the other flooring options available. It reduces the possibility of slip related accidents. We all know that there is a high chance of slip injuries when either the person falls or the equipment drops.
Gymnasium rubber flooring is available in many forms:
Rubber flooring rolls
Rubber rolls are preferred in even and smooth surfaces.
Recycled rubber flooring
The qualities of recycled rubber are generally better than the normal one. It is so because recycled rubber is more durable, resilient and even more slip resistant.
Rubber flooring tiles
Rubber flooring tiles are a good option if you want to enhance the appearance of the gym.
Why rubber flooring?
- Rubber flooring might be expensive initially but will prove to be cost-effective in the long run. Since the rubber is durable and less prone to damage, it will have a long life. On comparing it to the other available options of flooring, it is easy to realise that this will be the least expensive.
- Also, rubber absorbs sound rather than reflecting it hence it is effective for suppressing the noise which otherwise might cause a hindrance to other people. Gymnasiums are a source of too much sound, using rubberized flooring can minimise it.
- If you go for rubber flooring, you have a number of color options which can help amp up the surroundings which isn’t possible with other flooring options like bamboo or hardwood.
- When compared to other types of flooring, rubber flooring is a much more eco-friendly option. Rubber is neither toxic nor hazardous. Also, rubber can easily be recycled.
A good and safe choice of flooring works for everyone. In case of rubber flooring, it benefits the gyms and the fitness centers since it incurs less cost over longer periods and for those who go there for workouts, it offers safety. If you want to update your gym with good performance and low cost options, look out for the various options available in the market and secure the best deal for yourself.